A quick guide to getting started with Repair Center
The software consists of a single database containing records organised into modules. The ones you will most likely need to look at first are “Customers”, Repair Orders”, and “Inventory”.
Each module opens as a browse window. Here you can view, hide or sort the columns, click on each column to sort the records, or filter the records by entering data in the filter line (top row). Each column can be renamed to suit your business, although some have special meaning, e.g. Make/Model/Serial Number are used to uniquely identify items, but you can rename them, as perhaps serial number could be IMEI or ESN.
You can begin a new Repair Order in three ways:
- Open the Customer Module, select a customer, then click on New RO.
- Open the Repair Order module, click on New RO, then select the customer from a drop down list, or leave it as the default “miscellaneous” if you don’t need to create an account.
- Open the Warranty Module, select an existing record and select New RO. This is used if the customer has previous history and has either a warranty or a product registration with you.
The Repair Order module allows you to progress from initial order, receipt, evaluation, estimate, and repair, through to billing. There are default’Repair Statusses’ in the demo, but you can customize these to suit your process.
Vendors can be set up as third party repair shops, or as warranty providers for billing purposes. Any repair can be billed to the customer, a third party, or split between them.
The following are a few steps you should take to get started with a new AYS Repair Center installation
Bulk or batch entry of new repair orders is made easy with the batch repair order entry process of AYS Repair Center. Once the initial order is entered, subsequent orders can be entered with minimal additional information.
In addition to the online Repair Status Lookup, AYS Repair Center enables you to communicate directly with your customers through automatic notifications triggered by repair status changes. You can also use this functionality internally, automatically sending messages to your assigned technicians when work is available to them.
You can use email, SMS text messages, and fax.
At Your Service Repair Center can work together with your other enterprise systems, you can generate reports, import and export data, and directly integrate to the database.
AYS Repair Center can assist you in operating a rental business or providing loaner equipment to customers during repairs.
You can use the Warranty Card module to manage this equipment.
Want to keep track of what parts are on order for a repair, or what repairs are waiting for a particular part?
AYS Repair Center keeps track of Repair Orders that are awaiting parts that are on order, as well as Purchase Orders that are needed for Repair Order completion.
Getting a New Licence:
If you have an existing AYS licence, then for any future purchase, such as a new user or an upgrade, we will issue a new licence file by e-mail.
Upgrading Your License Version:
If you have installed the latest version of AYS from our download page, follow the instructions in the email included with the license file. You can also see a tutorial here
The database and any settings you have are not affected, however, as with any software, you may want to ensure that there is a recent backup of the database before proceeding.
If you have additional employees, you can set up their user IDs at any time on the existing system. The licence only affects the number of people simultaneously logged in.
For more information on licensing, see: How do AYS licenses work
Most of the setup to suit your business is done through configuration and settings within the program. Features include:
- add your business logo to appear on all sales orders, repair orders, invoices, purchase orders, etc. (your business name will be encoded into the licence at purchase and is not editable).
- add your business contact information: multiple locations can be setup; multiple business names are available and can also be included at purchase time.
- set up business parameters: taxes, exemptions, discounts, markups, inventory level requirements
- set up user security: create user IDs as needed, each with individual view/edit privileges
- set up view/browse windows: view and sort columns, rename fields, determine default module and view settings
- set up communications: internet, e-mail, fax, sms; automated notices upload and reporting
- repair statuses: assign repair status as required by your operational needs
- custom names for fields: modify existing names, assign use of Reference fields as required
- assign Service Codes, Package Codes as required to address repetitive job activity
- set up standard notes to be applied, such as terms and conditions, common repair situations, etc.
- dropdown lists (e.g. make, model) can be populated at any time, usually by capturing data that has been entered into recent orders (i.e. you can enter a new ‘make’ in an order and then add it to the dropdown later)
We do offer additional customization where required should there be a need for modified or new forms and reports, or where interaction with an existing system may require a specific utility. Specific needs are addressed on a custom basis and will be quoted separately, and will be completed after purchase.
Additional features requests can also be entertained and will be prioritized along with current feature rollout. We will accelerate reasonable feature requests on a shared cost basis.