Certain SQL Server permissions are necessary for AYS users to access the data and run reports. This article will assist you in configuring the security on recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server.
While the main program interface is only available in English, a number of features in the AYS program can be configured for communicating with French-speaking customers and vendors.
Printing French forms and reports
Forms and reports that are typically printed for or sent to customers and vendors are available with combined English and French titles and captions. This includes all standard forms and labels, as well as the “Repair Status Listing”, “Customer Statements (Ledger)”, and “Customer Statements (Open Item)” reports.
To configure printing of forms and reports with French titles and captions, close all windows within the AYS program, and then select Setup > Language > English/French from the main menu. This preference is set for all users on the local workstation.
To customize the combined English and French captions that will be printed on the forms and reports, close all windows within the AYS program, and then select Setup > Custom Captions from the main menu. Within the Setup Custom Captions module, select a caption to edit, click the Edit button, enter your custom English/French caption in the English/French field, and click the Save button.
When printing French-language forms and reports, the program will look in order through the following folders and use the first report file that is found:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\At Your Service\Custom (Custom report files)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\At Your Service\PrintF (French report files)
- C:\Program Files (x86)\At Your Service\Print (English report files)
If you need to customize both English and French versions of a form or report then it is recommended that you put the customized French report file in the PrintF folder and the customized English report file in the Print folder.
Sending French emails, SMS text messages, and faxes
To configure that a customer prefers correspondence in French, open a customer account record, select the Defaults tab, and set the Language field to “English/French”. Similarly, to configure that a vendor prefers correspondence in French, open a vendor account record, select the Defaults tab, and set the Language field to “English/French”.
To configure the French-language content of automated emails, SMS text messages, and faxes, select Setup > Repair Status Communication Options from the main menu. Within each repair status branch:
- Open the Email to Customers options, and you will have the ability to configure the Email Subject Line and Email Message Body in French.
- Open the SMS to Customers options, and you will have the ability to configure the SMS Message in French.
- Open the Fax to Customers options, and you will have the ability to configure the Fax Cover Page text in French.
Configuring a French repair status web site
To configure the Internet Utility to generate the repair status web site in combined English and French, open the Internet Utility program, and then select Setup > Language > English/French from the main menu.
Configuring a French spelling dictionary
To configure using a French spelling dictionary for spellcheck, close all windows within the AYS program, and then select Setup > Language > French Spelling Dictionary from the main menu. This preference is set for all users on the local workstation.
SQL Server Express can be used instead of larger deployments of SQL Server, depending on your company’s requirements.
Database configuration and setup described in this article can be followed, but by default, the server is not accessible over the network. Follow these steps to make the server visible so that you can connect to and configure the server from another workstation on the network.
This article will describe the configuration and setup of QuickBooks integration with At Your Service Repair Center software.
QuickBooks integration is an optional feature that you may purchase for your license. Please contact us for a quote if you are interested in adding this feature to your license.
Bulk or batch entry of new repair orders is made easy with the batch repair order entry process of AYS Repair Center. Once the initial order is entered, subsequent orders can be entered with minimal additional information.
AYS Repair Center can assist you in operating a rental business or providing loaner equipment to customers during repairs.
You can use the Warranty Card module to manage this equipment.
Certain SQL Server permissions are necessary for AYS users to access the data and run reports. This article will assist you in configuring the security on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2.
Your business name is encrypted and embedded within your AYS license file. Therefore you must obtain an updated license file that includes your new business name.
On most standard AYS forms, the following form options may be configured without any additional custom programming:
- Select whether to print forms in English, English and French combined, or English and Spanish combined
- Choose whether to print the form header or to use pre-printed letterhead paper
- Add a company logo to print in the form header and select the size to print the logo
- Depending on the user license, select which business name to print in the form header for each business location or division
- Enter contact information to print in the form header for each business location or division
- Enter a single line of text for each business location or division to print just below the form header; commonly used for a tax registration number
- Many individual field captions on the form may be renamed to use terminology common in your industry
- Select whether or not to print Code 39 or QR code barcodes
- Select whether or not to print the first photograph attached to the corresponding record, as well as the size to print the photograph
- Enter paragraphs of text to print as a standard notice at the bottom of the form