The following are a few steps you should take to get started with a new AYS Repair Center installation
At Your Service Repair Center can work together with your other enterprise systems, you can generate reports, import and export data, and directly integrate to the database.
Want to keep track of what parts are on order for a repair, or what repairs are waiting for a particular part?AYS Repair Center keeps track of Repair Orders that are awaiting parts that are on order, as well as Purchase Orders that are needed for Repair Order completion.
Getting a New Licence:If you have an existing AYS licence, then for any future purchase, such as a new user or an upgrade, we will issue a new licence file by e-mail.
Upgrading Your License Version:If you have installed the latest version of AYS from our download page, follow the instructions in the email included with the license file. You can also see a tutorial here. The database and any settings you have are not affected, however, as with any software, you may want to ensure that there is a recent backup of the database before proceeding. If you have additional employees, you can set up their user IDs at any time on the existing system. The licence only affects the number of people simultaneously logged in. For more information on licensing, see: How do AYS licenses work?
Most of the setup to suit your business is done through configuration and settings within the program. Features include:
- add your business logo to appear on all sales orders, repair orders, invoices, purchase orders, etc. (your business name will be encoded into the licence at purchase and is not editable).
- add your business contact information: multiple locations can be setup; multiple business names are available and can also be included at purchase time.
- set up business parameters: taxes, exemptions, discounts, markups, inventory level requirements
- set up user security: create user IDs as needed, each with individual view/edit privileges
- set up view/browse windows: view and sort columns, rename fields, determine default module and view settings
- set up communications: internet, e-mail, fax, sms; automated notices upload and reporting
- repair statuses: assign repair status as required by your operational needs
- custom names for fields: modify existing names, assign use of Reference fields as required
- assign Service Codes, Package Codes as required to address repetitive job activity
- set up standard notes to be applied, such as terms and conditions, common repair situations, etc.
- dropdown lists (e.g. make, model) can be populated at any time, usually by capturing data that has been entered into recent orders (i.e. you can enter a new ‘make’ in an order and then add it to the dropdown later)
We do offer additional customization where required should there be a need for modified or new forms and reports, or where interaction with an existing system may require a specific utility. Specific needs are addressed on a custom basis and will be quoted separately, and will be completed after purchase.
Additional features requests can also be entertained and will be prioritized along with current feature rollout. We will accelerate reasonable feature requests on a shared cost basis.
AYS Repair Centre is available in several Editions to suit the needs of your business. The unlicensed trial copy has the ability to switch between all Editions and allow you to evaluate the edition that best fits your requirements. The license you purchase will determine the Edition that is enabled for your setup.
Downloading the evaluation copy: You can download and install an evaluation copy of AYS Repair Centre from here. This unlicensed version is the full program and serves as your working installation once you purchase a license. The evaluation is available for 60 days and allows you to change settings, enter repairs and other records, view or print forms and reports, as well as import or export data. The trial database is limited to 200 records, or you can create your own.